Sunday, December 4, 2011

Falling off the Blog Wagon...

So it's been a while...I apologize!  I had really good intentions of writing all through the summer and the fall and then life happened and the desire to blog wasn't really there.  So to sum up what has happened since May:
Super Sidekick went to Hollywood Fringe, Theatre Unleashed open and closed Caesar, Fiction and The Woodsman.  I started a new job and two weeks ago walked 60 miles for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. 

It's now December, It's A Wonderful Life: A Radio Play has opened.  I directed again this year and had a fantastic time putting it together.  Last night was the perfect night, the cast was having a great time on stage and the audience was having a great time in the seats...it was everything that live theater should be. 

Wonderful Life managed to jumpstart me a bit.  I was still in a bit of a creative fog.  Perhaps going through the motions of productions but not really loving them.  Don't get me wrong, I am exceptionally proud of the season we are about to end.  It was our strongest and highest quality season of production yet.  But my heart wasn't completely in it.  Working with this script, adapted by my good friend Jim, and working with this group of 19 actors (yes, 19 actors!) has been an incredible adventure. One that I am going to miss, but also one that has finally pushed me out this fog and into a place of anticipation and excitement for next season.

We will announce our fifth season in about month.  Five years - I'm not sure any of us thought we'd last this long.  It has been an interesting adventure.  All of us have learned a lot about each other, about producing theater and about creating art.  I wouldn't trade one single moment of the past four seasons and I can't wait to share Season 5 with you! 

I'm recommitting to blogging and promise not to wait another 6 months before posting again!

No comments: