Sunday, January 9, 2011

Make a Mess, Clean it Up

Those six words, "Make a Mess, Clean it Up" have been bothering me for the past 5 days. They are the next set of instructions in my "Wreck This Journal" project. I did shower with the book. Here are the photos to prove it!



So perhaps I cheated a bit, you'll notice the book is wrapped in two ziplock bags and it was carefully placed in the corner of the shower where very little water lands. Barely following the instructions, perhaps, but that book did take a shower with me so I'm marking that page as complete.

After our shower I was feeling pretty confident about the whole thing so I boldly opened the book to another page and saw the words, "Make a Mess, Clean It Up." Seriously I've been trying to figure this out for the past three days. I really try hard to not purposely make messes. I tried to convince myself a few days ago that making a mess by taking down the Christmas decorations counted but I don't think it does, first I didn't really make a mess when I took them down and second I didn't intentionally make a mess just for the purpose of cleaning it up.

So now I'm left with this instruction to make a mess. I don't know what kind of mess to make, I don't even know where to start. A food mess, a paper mess, a paint mess, a soap mess -- can you make a soap mess? And then once I decide on the type of mess to make I have to actually force myself to make the mess. I may need some assistance with this one. Here's a question if I know I'm going to make a mess can I be proactive about the cleaning up while making the mess? For instance if I wanted to have say a flour fight, would it be alright to cover the floor and counters in wax paper first, to make it easier to clean up later or is that cheating?

So I do need help, please suggestions for making a mess, I'm willing to consider them all and I promise to take photos of the winning mess!

No comments: