Sunday, December 13, 2009

The End of a Journey

Holiday Hangover closed last night. For me it was the end of a journey, a new experience (well nearly new anyway). I don't regret it at all. It was fun to experience life from the other side of things. I am usually so caught up in my own world of lighting and sound cues and making sure a production runs smoothly that I don't get to lose myself in the story telling side of it.

I will now happily return to the light and sound booth for the last few events of 2009. It is truly where I'm happiest and where I can best make a contribution to Theatre Unleashed. I never had aspirations of being on stage, never studied, never really thought to much about it. It's not something I want to do often or that I'm very good at, but it was fun to play for a little while.

Thank you to Andrew, for pushing me to try it. Thanks to Phil and Lauren for being fantastic people to act with and for putting up with a non-actor in their scene and to the rest of the cast, Josh G., Josh M, Sylvia, Kim, Benito, Pamela and Matt for a great run.

No comments: