Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Calm before 2010

It's two days after Christmas and I find myself looking ahead to a week where I have absolutely nothing planned. The day job has given me the entire week off. The theatre is quiet this week. I'm really not sure what to do with myself. Well that's not entirely true, I have a few things I want to get done, get started, finish up, but no big plans. I'm imagining that by this time next Sunday I'll be a bit stir crazy.

Christmas was good. I stayed in LA (a tradition I began last year and hope to continue for several more years to come). We had 10-15 people drop by our place for Christmas dinner and a few games. It was a fantastic night and truly the way I wanted to spend the holiday. I love my real family, it's just they live in colder parts of the country and I realized a few years ago that I get crabby when I visit them in the winter months, so rather than inflict that upon myself and them I am quite content to stay here and celebrate with my Los Angeles family.

I'm looking forward to 2010 for a variety of reasons. Theatre Unleashed will be jumping into a busy third season. I've picked the shows I'll be stage managing and am looking forward to them. I think I've managed to avoid doing two back to back, something I did this season and am really trying to avoid in the future. Personally I have a project up my sleeve. Something that isn't ready to be rolled out quite yet, but I'm hoping will be ready by the end of January. It's something that I hope will allow me a little bit more financial freedom as well as be something that is entirely mine. I'm excited about so many things. It's a good feeling to look ahead and know good things are coming :)

No comments: