Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Break -- Kind of!

So it's been over a week. Halloween has come and gone. Our Halloween party was a true success. I would share some photos, but I believe the phrase "what happens in the theatre, stays in the theatre" probably applies in this case!

I am enjoying a bit of a break. Last week was my first week with no rehearsals since July. Yes, I think I'm a bit crazy. July -- that was four months ago. Anyway I really don't quite know what to do with myself. Being home at night is a little odd. My roommates realized I still live in my house and my two cats seem to refuse to leave my side. Perhaps a sign I have been neglecting other aspects of life for a bit too long.

Our current show Landscaping The Den of Saints is still running. We have two weeks left. Sadly audience turn out has been relatively low for this one. It's a fantastic show and I hope more people come out and enjoy it during the last two weekends of the run. We are going to a complete Pay What You Can philosophy in hopes that more people will be able to afford to come.

In my last post I mentioned that I had accepted a role in our holiday production, Holiday Hangover. I still can't believe I agreed to this. My first rehearsal was this past Sunday. I am nearly off book (It's only 3 pages of dialogue which I share with 2 other people). Rehearsal was fun, primarily blocking. It was hard not to switch into SM mode and begin taking down blocking notes for everyone as well as making a preliminary prop list. I will do my best to stay in my new role as actor for this one and let my SM be the SM. It will not be easy, but I do believe this will prove to be an interesting learning experience for me :)

No comments: